Followers

Monday, April 23, 2018

Still looking up

A child, I was.
Books, colors, stories.
This world gave me all;
Never a choice though
a choice; of my own.


The world decided what was best.
It taught me to dream.
For dreaming was moving on, living.
Dreams were high up, floating in the clouds, it said.


I looked, I was taught patience and persistence, I looked. 
Looked far and near.       
I have not given up, looking
Amidst the clouds, waiting to find them.
I 'm still looking but it gets me wondering
About what ifs, 


What if my dreams are right in front of my feet,
On the ground
And the sadness would be, never getting the choice,
To look in the right place.




No comments:

Post a Comment

  Flames of my fire Summon the winds. Come blow on the smoldering  Shame of my forlorn soul; That prayer full of breath you send my way...