Followers

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Two Rivers that knew me

River 1:

The river had seen me, ready to jump off this world
She had watched in her flooded monsoon attire
Yelled for something more powerful to petrify my body
She stared at me, I stared back
A force pulled me,
I was floating on her
From the far-off bridge,
It seemed I was on a ship-deck
Ready to be guided to a place the river knew
She moved, I was stuck on that bridge
She didn't want me to come in her water
Sad

River 2:

This time the river knew me,
I jumped in her, years later,
Met her at a different place
The broad Ganges, she hugged me, pulled me in
I hugged her back, she yelled for no one to stop me
She was the widest, the calmest, the dearest
Pure water that sang about life and death
She carried me on her back, like a child,
The blue sunny sky above, it glided with the river
Down the river I went, under the Ram-Jhula
This time I was in the water, flowing down in the river
Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment

  Flames of my fire Summon the winds. Come blow on the smoldering  Shame of my forlorn soul; That prayer full of breath you send my way...